|View printer-friendly version|
SUWANEE, Ga., June 9, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Today's mobile, on-demand culture of communications and entertainment across multiple screens is significantly impacting cable operators' network design and subscriber experience needs. ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) will demonstrate its superior capability to address those needs in its booth #1415 and in "The Park" at NCTA's The Cable Showin Chicago, June 14-16, 2011.
ARRIS will showcase how it makes next-generation network distribution and communications easy for cable operators by supplying significantly increased capacity and a seamless migration path between legacy service delivery and next-generation IP networks. Live demonstrations include:
- Industry-leading DOCSIS® 3.0 broadband solutions designed to support tomorrow's IP video networks while providing a superior customer experience today, including:
- The C4® CMTS -- delivering significantly more bandwidth through the new double-density XD CAM downstream card and 24U CAM upstream card with IPv6 capabilities http://www.arrisi.com/get/c4/; and
- The ARRIS Touchstone® customer premises equipment (CPE) portfolio for in-home voice and data services, offering the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) available in the industry.
- The ARRIS Whole Home Solution, which replaces traditional cable set-top boxes with a centralized gateway and multiple IP Clients. The Gateway is a triple-play device, providing HSD and lifeline voice as well as linear and on-demand video services. The Gateway uses open standards - DLNA and DTCP-IP - over MoCA, Ethernet and Wi-Fi®, to deliver content within the home and to consumer electronics devices and PCs http://www.arrisi.com/get/whole_home/.
- The ConvergeMedia(TM) Unified Video Delivery Platform and three-screen visionwhich deliversmore convenience, bandwidth and applications to any device at any time for a better subscriber experience http://www.arrisi.com/get/convergemedia/.
In addition, virtual interactive stations will demonstrate how ARRIS opens up new revenue streams and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for operators as they migrate their networks to an all-IP model, including:
- Access and transport solutions such as the 1 GHz-capable CHP CORWave(TM) Dual Density Forward Transmitter, which reduces the physical footprint and power consumption by 50% while preserving fiber assets. Also, a portfolio of EPON and RFoG solutions that support the evolution of today's Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks for high speed business data solutions and passive optical networks.
- The VIPr(TM) 4000 Advanced Video Processing platform, a second-generation video transcoder capable of generating live multi-screen video output through adaptive bit rate streaming as well as transcoding capabilities for both ATSC and DVB.
- ServAssure(TM) network monitoring and WorkAssure(TM) remote workforce assurance solutions that simplify the delivery and management of complex services while driving down operational costs.
- ARRIS Wi-Fi solutions-a suite of advanced indoor and outdoor wireless solutions with patented, state-of-the-art technology designed for cable business services, hospitality and residential opportunities available through a recent agreement with Ruckus Wireless.
- Linear and advanced advertising solutions, which are based on the latest digital video services so operators can capitalize on new revenue streams at the lowest TCO.
- The ARRIS Fixed Mobile Convergence solution with a real-time demonstration of converged voice and data services on Android(TM) based handsets featuring the ARRIS Convergence Client for Android. The demo includes seamless roaming and handover of mobile services between cellular networks and the local Wi-Fi network as well as presence-based simultaneous ring.
ARRIS experts will also outline how some of the above solutions can be strategically applied to operators' individual architectures during the following conference sessions:
- Carol Ansley, Jeff Brooks, Tom Cloonan and Ken Wright, session 20 "Packet Change: IP Video and Cable's Architectural Evolution"
- Xavier Denis, session 30 "Hey You, Get Onto My Cloud: Implications of New Delivery Approaches"
- Mike Emmendorfer, session 18 "HFC-ing the Light: Advancements in Next-Gen Network Architecture"
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting triple- and quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.