|View printer-friendly version|
SUWANEE, Ga., April 28, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS)today announced that it has received US Department of Agriculture (USDA) RUS Acceptance for its DOCSIS(R) 3.0 C4(R) CMTS and Touchstone(R) Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) suite of devices, as well as its Segmentable Hybrid Fiber Coax infrastructure platform. Cable operators who have been granted USDA Rural Utility Service (RUS) grants to wire un-served or under-served rural areas for broadband can now implement their plans using ARRIS RUS-accepted products and solutions. The ARRIS C4 CMTS, along with the Touchstone E-MTAs and modems, create a new DOCSIS 3.0 category of RUS-accepted equipment.
"ARRIS is the first equipment manufacturer to have a DOCSIS 3.0 standard solution accepted by the USDA RUS," said Liz Zucco, President of MarketSYS USA, Inc. "Companies planning on using funds from the USDA RUS Broadband Loan Program must consult the USDA's 'List of Acceptable Materials' and select equipment from Buy American companies, like ARRIS, whose solutions have been RUS-accepted."
The following ARRIS Broadband Business and Residential Voice & High Speed Data solutions are now RUS accepted and available for purchase from ARRIS:
- The ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 C4 CMTS platform
- Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 Customer Premises Equipment (Wideband voice and data )
- The ARRIS Segmentable HFC Solution, which includes:
- CHP CORView(TM) Software, Transmitters and Receivers
- Other CHP Transmitters and Receivers
- Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers, optical passives couplers and splitters
- Opti Max(TM) strand mount and cabinet-styIe nodes
- Flex Max(TM) Line extenders, Bridgers, and Trunk Amplifiers
- ARRIS line of Regal(R) Multi- Taps, Line Passives, and Line Splitters
- RF Communications Drop and Bypass Amplifiers
- Digicon(R) Drop Connectors, Compression Tools and Installation Accessories
All of these products will appear in the updated RUS "List of Acceptable Materials".
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting triple- and quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver reliable telephony, demand driven video, next-generation advertising and high-speed data services. ARRIS products expand and help grow network capacity with access and outside plant construction equipment, reliably deliver voice, video and data services and assure optimal service delivery for end customers. Headquartered in Suwanee, GA, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Atlanta; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.