|View printer-friendly version|
The end-to-end solution from ARRIS includes a centralized video and optical headend, HFC network, IPTV middleware as well as IP and cable set-top devices. The ARRIS solution will enable RCJ to deliver enhanced Internet data services; expand the number of channels it currently offers and the refreshed IPTV portal will improve the user interface and channel display, as well as enabling program recording. Furthermore, subscribers benefit from the Arabization of content – a key requirement for the region.
ARRIS has also enabled RCJ to optimize bandwidth limitations in its HFC network. RCJ can now unify the number of channels supported over HFC and GPON networks from a centralized headend, instead of separate headend per each city it administrates.
"We were looking for a proven, integrated solution enabling us to cover delivery from end to end," said Eng. Ahmed Hassan Director of
The following solutions will be deployed by Nesma Telecom, a value added reseller for ARRIS in
- ARRIS CAP-1000 is a high-density IP-centric Multiplexor, continuing the ARRIS Emmy-award winning CherryPicker legacy by providing RCJ with MPEG-4 AVC processing capabilities, exceptional bandwidth, carrier-class reliability and readying its service offering for the future
- ARRIS APEX1000 is a next-generation all-purpose edge QAM, which gives RCJ flexibility, high-availability, high-QAM density and low power in an extremely cost-effective 1 RU platform
- ARRIS OmniStar GX2 Optical broadband transmission platform providing RCJ with increased module density, scalability, performance, and flexibility
- VTN244 fiber deep optical node provides RCJ with a versatile, segmentable solution to meet their growing network needs
- ARRIS DreamGallery™ middleware and video navigation software application enabling RCJ to differentiate by delivering a robust feature set for TV, video and recorded content, via a custom-branded, easy to use graphical user interface, enhancing subscribers' viewing experiences, resulting in greater customer satisfaction and increased average revenue per user for the organization
- ARRIS HMC3000 series set-top devices that enable RCJ to deliver HD content to subscribers and facilitate the migration of subscribers to IP-based services with little interruption or outward investment on the part of the service provider
- ARRIS VIP1003 advanced IP HD set-top is a compact, cost-effective HDTV IP set-top allowing RCJ to expand its subscriber base, increase customer satisfaction and grow their average revenue per user by offering rich experiences with crystal-clear HD picture and surround sound, as well as on-demand flexibility.
"We are transforming how organizations deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries, and our engagement with the
With such track record and achievements, the
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2013. All rights reserved.
ARRIS, Gemma Goatly, +44 7970 882884, Gemma.Goatly@arrisi.com