|View printer-friendly version|
SUWANEE, Ga., July 20, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) will showcase its full portfolio of network solutions at IBC Stand 1, D-41, September 10-14, 2010 in Amsterdam. Every element of the many video, data and voice feature demonstrations is designed to provide European operators a competitive technical and business case advantage, and is based on the Company's decades of expertise in developing IP technologies.
Among the exhibits at the ARRIS stand are:
- End-to-end Euro-DOCSIS(R) 3.0-based voice, video and data service delivery combining CMTS, Universal Edge QAM, 8Dx4U channel-bonded voice and data modems, gateways and real-time device monitoring.
- On Demand Video and Advertising solutions that combine storage, streaming, service quality visibility and other critical back office functions in one platform - to easily enable the delivery of personalized video content of multiple sizes, sources and formats to the customer's choice of screen.
- Real-time, intelligent network and remote workforce management communication systems to minimize operational expenses. Unique to the ARRIS assurance platforms is the ability to validate network quality from the time of installation through years of operation, thus assuring the highest quality of service to subscribers.
- Advanced Fibre Solutions -- With Euro-DOCSIS 3.0, the popularity of HD TV and the growth in On Demand, targeted bandwidth needs are growing approximately 50% every year. CORWave(TM) DW meets those demands without the cost of installing more fibre. These latest multi-wavelength solutions have significantly reduced headend space and energy requirements, while also supporting advanced ARRIS Gigabit EPON and RFoG technologies.
- Next Generation multimedia home gateways based on ARRIS' critically-acclaimed Moxi(R) User Interface and set-top-box design, presented in 2D and 3D HD Home Entertainment environments. The Internet based commercial and user-generated content will be displayed highlighting significant increase of demand for IP bandwidth stemming from adoption of 3D displays.
Additionally, in cooperation with OpenTV, ARRIS will host a free Training and Education Seminar for all interested network operators entitled: "Monetizing Media: Creating New Revenue Streams with Advertising" on Monday, September 13th, 10:00 - 11:30AM in the Emerald conference room, (Entrance G) of the RAI Centre.
Two ARRIS engineering executives are also scheduled to present during IBC: EMEA CTO Charles Cheevers will moderate the session entitled: "Going Social: the Implications and Opportunities of Interactive Media" on Thursday, September 9th, 8:30 - 10:00 AM; and Senior Director of Engineering Cornel Ciocirlan will speak at the SCTE Benelux Session on: "Preparing for 1Gps Access to the Home" on Tuesday, September 14th, 9:30 AM - 13:00 PM.
For more information about ARRIS technologies at IBC or to set up a meeting, please visit http://www.arrisi.com/get/ibc
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver reliable telephony, demand driven video, next-generation advertising and high-speed data services. ARRIS products expand and help grow network capacity with access and outside plant construction equipment, reliably deliver voice, video and data services and assure optimal service delivery for end customers. Headquartered in Suwanee, GA, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Atlanta; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.