|View printer-friendly version|
"ARRIS is a trusted leader in end-to-end solutions that empower service providers to deliver tomorrow's communications and entertainment experiences without boundaries," said
ARRIS is uniquely positioned to address the demands of new multiscreen and connected home. Its global portfolio has been adopted by customers throughout
- Stofa Deploys ARRIS APEX3000 to Meet Increased Data Demand
- ZON Selects ARRIS APEX3000 for Smooth Transition to CCAP and VOD Service Efficiencies
- Telenor Sweden Selects IPTV Set-Tops from ARRIS
At its stand (1.D31), ARRIS will showcase demonstrations of its newly integrated portfolio—directly addressing the three most pressing initiatives for service providers:
- Transforming networks for tomorrow's entertainment experiences
- Delivering smarter content experiences ("your media, your way")
- Empowering the evolving home ecosystem.
New IP services and the proliferation of connected devices in the home are putting unprecedented strain on providers' networks. The ARRIS portfolio of network solutions brings together leading technology, innovation, and expertise to prepare each provider's network for the future, while addressing its unique needs.
- HEVC – ARRIS continues its leadership in the evolution of TV, demonstrating 4K content delivery over the new HEVC standard.
- GT-3 MBR Transcoder – The ARRIS GT-3 Multiple Bit Rate (MBR) Transcoder will demonstrate industry-leading advanced encoding and adaptive bit rate capabilities required for tomorrow's multiscreen experiences.
- E6000 Converged Edge Router – The ARRIS E6000 CER leads the industry in density and efficiency—providing the speed, availability, and scalability to meet the demands of tomorrow's multiscreen IP applications with today's hardware. Its high-availability design (99.999%) is achieved via an integrated RF switch and spare module, which can perform hitless operation to maintain system services without interruption.
The expanded ARRIS Assurance portfolio empowers service providers to remotely monitor and manage network elements and technicians. This enables improved service quality and operational efficiency—increasing customer satisfaction, thus reducing churn and operating expenses.
- ServAssure™ Edge Visibility and Subscriber Portal – Part of the ARRIS Service Assurance suite, this award-winning enterprise application enables remote management, provisioning and service quality in the complex multiscreen environment. This unique combination of remote visibility, diagnostics, and troubleshooting provides true visibility into the subscriber's network—including consumer devices—so that issues can be resolved before they become problems.
Delivering Smarter Content Experiences
Service providers face growing demand for personalized, high-definition multiscreen services from more than half of digital consumers, according to a recent study by ARRIS.
This presents a unique challenge to deliver the full range of content across all devices from a variety of vendors. ARRIS is uniquely positioned to deliver these integrated experiences through an end-to-end portfolio that bridges HTML5 UIs, advertising, security, and management via the cloud, network, and home.
- DreamGallery – Personalized content experiences and navigation—proven in leading deployments in
Europeand North America. DreamGallery is a cloud-based HTML5 platform that enables user experience development across the full range of multiscreen applications at Internet speeds. ARRIS continues to innovate with new applications and development on RDK, speeding delivery of the advanced IP services and applications that consumers want…today.
The ARRIS portfolio features a suite of targeted advertising solutions for multiscreen that enable providers to deliver personalized media experiences and enhance revenue opportunities across all networks and devices. This integrated suite combines the industry's most widely-deployed ad technology, Emmy Award-winning ad insertion platform, and its leading suite of multiscreen solutions—for ad experiences that are not only seamless, but geo-targeted, screen-specific, and personalized.
- AdManager – Harnessing the proliferation in mobile devices to bring targeted and engaging advertising experiences to subscribers, wherever they are.
- Merchandiser – Marketing content sales across multiple screens to enhance content revenue with relevant, personalized promotions, bundled offerings and recommendations.
ARRIS will also offer live demonstrations of leading solutions to secure and manage advanced new multiscreen experiences:
- SecureMedia® – Advanced multi award-winning content security solution that has been deployed by service providers around the world and is approved by all major
- Connect SR – Addressing fragmentation and acting as a central broker for multiple DRM / CAS systems and other applications (i.e., Guide, TR-069). Connect SR does the heavy lifting for service providers, orchestrating policies and rules for services, authenticating user devices, and administering entitlements to be delivered…all while easily integrated with the business system.
Empowering the Evolving Home Ecosystem
As the industry embraces the path to multiscreen, the expanded portfolio of ARRIS gateways and set-tops provide service providers with a variety of choices for getting there. ARRIS gateways offer a selection of tools to address consumer demand for video, broadband, and telephony, while ensuring that today's hardware will scale to tomorrow's connected home.
ARRIS announced its industry-leading portfolio of gateways and wireless set-tops @ IBC, as well as another key customer win with
- DVX3662 – One of the leading gateways from ARRIS, the DVX3662 represents the evolution of the set-top. The DVB-C/IP video gateway is the center of the new IP connected home. The multi-tuner DCX3662 leverages transcoding, IP streaming, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and powerful software and cloud technology to deliver multiscreen and time-shift TV around the home, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
- VIP1113W & VIP21502W – Compact, wireless set-tops that support IP streaming with the latest Wi-Fi technology, enabling interactivity with other devices as well as high-quality video distribution.
- NVG589 and 599 xDSL/FTTH – Supporting ultra broadband Internet connectivity with advanced functionality and performance features including concurrent high-powered 802.11n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 5Ghz Wi-FI. The NVG589/99 packs in advanced Quality of Service (QoS), security firewall, and extensive remote management features that enable reliable, single-platform delivery of voice, data, and streaming broadcast-quality video over the broadband network.
ARRIS Speakers at IBC
ARRIS experts will be speaking at the IBC conference on the following dates:
Saturday, 14th September
John Ulm, ARRIS Fellow of the Technical Staff, will be presenting his technical paper on "The Dawn of Cloud-Based DVR".
Sean McCarthy, ARRIS Fellow of the Technical Staff, will be participating in the session entitled "The Great Quality Debate: Do we really need to go beyond HD?" in conjunction with participants such as BBC'sHead of Technology for HD & 3D.
Visit ARRIS at IBC 2013 in
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of
Gemma Goatly, +44 7970 882884, Gemma.Goatly@arrisi.com