|View printer-friendly version|
The ARRIS E6000 CER is a leading network and Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP) component of the ARRIS portfolio that spans across the full cable ecosystem – cloud, network, and home. As more content and new services become available on more connected devices, the ARRIS innovative CCAP platform helps operators, such as GCI, scale to these challenges, while meeting the demand for more high-quality content anytime, anyplace on any device.
"As one of the first adopters, GCI is in a unique position to help transform how our subscribers access and enjoy their entertainment, everywhere," said
In the ARRIS fourth annual global consumer research study, U.S. consumers were found to watch more video than any other country (29 total hours/week, four hours over the total global average) and multiscreen viewing was also on the rise, with smartphones and tablets watched more than broadcast TV in the bedroom (46% and 41% versus 36%). These trends reflect the advantages of the ARRIS E6000 CER as service providers like GCI look to meet growing consumer demand for more high-quality content anytime, anyplace on any device.
"The ARRIS E6000 CER powers smarter networks – delivering new levels of density and cost-effectiveness in a simple, robust integrated architecture that enables converged services on today's broadband networks," said
Powering Smarter Networks: About the ARRIS E6000
The ARRIS E6000 CER delivers new levels of density and cost-effectiveness in a simple, robust integrated architecture that will enable converged services on broadband networks. The E6000 CER provides a high-availability, high-performance solution with unmatched scalability. It supports a fully redundant design with no single point of failure.
The ARRIS E6000 CER offers:
- Integrated, hitless RF fail-over, hot-swapping of cards, and field-deployment ready IPv6 support;
- Ability to maximize revenue off a single chassis, with one of the highest densities per rack unit available, to deliver more services at faster speeds while using much less space and power;
- Increased subscriber satisfaction and retention with a self-healing design that minimizes service outages (designed for 99.999% system availability);
- Preservation of capital investment with a flexible platform that offers a "wire-once" architecture with software upgradeability and easy expansion via a mid-plane design;
- Ability to mix and match ARRIS cable edge products to create the optimum network configuration for deploying tomorrow's services with today's hardware.
GCI is the largest telecommunications company in
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2013. All rights reserved.
Steve Madsen, GCI, +1 907-868-5531, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kalia Farrell, ARRIS, +1 215-323-1059, email@example.com