|View printer-friendly version|
First introduced in 2015, SmartZoneOS-powered controllers combine scalability, tiered multi-tenancy, architectural flexibility and extensive APIs into a single centrally-managed element. These capabilities enable managed service providers to implement complex, multi-tier and as-a-service business models using their own management applications. They also allow operators to manage subscriber data traffic on a massive scale, while integrating traffic flows and network data into existing network architecture. SmartZone network controllers further enable enterprises to simplify network management through consolidation and use of built-in troubleshooting and analytics tools. SmartZone products have been deployed in thousands of enterprises and in more than 200 service provider networks on five continents.
"Whether you're an operator, managed service provider or sophisticated enterprise IT organization, you need the ability to customize your network to meet specific business and technical requirements," said
"Organizations are looking for ways to reduce network complexity and automate complex processes," said
Simplifying converged network management
IT departments seeking to manage both wired and wireless networks through a single console have traditionally needed to purchase a stand-alone network management element for on-premises management scenarios. SmartZone network controllers eliminate this requirement for many network types, simplifying and cost-reducing network management by:
- Eliminating provisioning errors through use of an automated discovery process for access points (APs) and switches;
- Reducing configuration and deployment duration when compared to a multi-console approach;
- Reducing network software and hypervisor license fees, server expense, utility expense and training costs;
- Enabling a single network controller cluster to scale to 450,000 clients.
Managed service providers (MSPs) and networking-as-a-service (NaaS) providers face the dual challenge of differentiating themselves through custom application development and managing their costs to ensure profitability in a fixed-revenue environment. Both challenges require integration between vendor networking infrastructure and their own or third-party applications. SmartZone network controllers enable service providers to better address these challenges by:
- Providing open, well-documented RESTful application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow IT to easily invoke SmartZone functions and configurations, enabling error-free automation.
- Providing streaming APIs that allow IT to monitor in near real-time the full array of Ruckus network data, statistics and alarms, allowing for the easy creation of customized, information-dense dashboards and reports within their own applications.
"By partnering with Ruckus for wired and wireless networking, we have been able to provide our customers with the best, most reliable and up-to-date technology solutions," said
"The SmartZone API libraries have enabled us to provide enhanced visibility and management capabilities through our customer-facing portal in a secure manner while lowering our own cost of providing service," said
About Ruckus Networks
Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, is redefining connectivity around the globe. With our partners, we build secure wired and wireless access networks for organizations that place a premium on connectivity experiences for end users as well as simplicity for IT.
Copyright © 2018 ARRIS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. Ruckus, Ruckus Networks, the Ruckus logo, and BeamFlex trademarks are registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other names and brands mentioned in this document or website may be claimed as the property of others.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ruckus-introduces-smartzone-network-controllersindustrys-first-controller-based-system-for-wired-and-wireless-management-300667515.html
SOURCE Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company
Agnes Toan, Sr. Communications Manager, (408) 250-1814