|View printer-friendly version|
Applications utilizing CBRS technologies include wide-area surveillance cameras, mobile point-of-sale, remote data transfer to critical communications and private LTE networks. CBRS improves the wireless coverage and capacity on a large scale, making it ideal for in-building, public space and industrial IoT wireless requirements in a world where spectrum is limited but data demand is not.
"With over 20 CBRS technology trials and as the first company with FCC-certified CBRS APs, Ruckus is clearly a leader in this space," said
CBRS is 150MHz of the 3.5GHz band (3550MHz to 3700MHz) made available by the FCC for commercial use through an innovative spectrum-sharing framework. This will make spectrum available for the delivery of LTE services without requiring a license. Customers want to take advantage of this opportunity to drive experiences in in-building cellular, security, safety, automation and analytics.
"This major milestone is one of the final stages before CBRS commercial deployments are made possible," said
About the Ruckus OpenG CBRS-band LTE Portfolio
The Ruckus OpenG LTE portfolio enables enterprises and service providers to deploy specific LTE networks to ensure a high quality-of-service for business-critical applications and use cases.
The Ruckus OpenG LTE portfolio includes:
- Ruckus Q710—A high-capacity, indoor CBRS LTE access point
- Ruckus Q910— An integrated, outdoor CBRS LTE access point
- Ruckus cEMS—Cloud-based element management system (cEMS) delivered as a subscription service that brings Wi-Fi like simplicity and zero-touch provisioning to LTE AP management.
- Ruckus cEPC—Cloud-based evolved packet core (cEPC) delivered as subscription service that provides required LTE network core functionality and subscriber management.
- Ruckus cSAS—Cloud-based spectrum allocation server (cSAS) delivered as a subscription service that ensures spectrum availability per CBRS requirements
About Ruckus Networks
Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, is redefining connectivity around the globe. With our partners, we build secure wired and wireless access networks for organizations that place a premium on connectivity experiences for end users as well as simplicity.
For the latest ARRIS news:
Copyright © 2018 ARRIS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. Ruckus, Ruckus Networks and the Ruckus logo are registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other names and brands mentioned in this document or website may be claimed as the property of others.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ruckus-networks-is-first-to-achieve-fcc-cbrs-certification-300709211.html
SOURCE Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company
Agnes Toan, Agnes.firstname.lastname@example.org, +1.408.250.1814